Penne alla Crema with Roasted Butternut Squash and Sweet Potatoes

This content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #thetalkofthetable #CollectiveBias. 
Penne alla crema with roasted butternut squash and sweet potatoes. If the autumn doesn’t come to me (because of Miami’s sub tropical weather), I will, no doubt, invent my favorite season.

Take a look at these penne alla crema with roasted butternut squash and sweet potatoes, and sautéed onions and peppers. 
To top it off, and to incorporate crunchy bits in my food, I tossed it with roasted pumpkin seeds.
I must confess I had never made this dish before. 
The inspiration came to me when Barilla challenged me to create a fall recipe with Barilla Penne Pasta and incorporate Clos du Bois Chardonnay as an ingredient or to pair with the pasta.
As I love to cook with wine, I made my penne alla crema with Chardonnay. The result was so delicious that the pasta could be eaten alone with the sage infused cream. 
But by adding the roasted butternut squash and sweet potatoes, as well as the sautéed red bell peppers and red onion, I can proudly say I brought the season to the table with a dish that is a feast for the senses.
And because of that, I paired my delicious penne alla crema  with a good glass of Clos du Bois Chardonnay! 

I don’t have to say that we cannot live without pasta at home and as a result we all love Barilla, a brand I'm so thankful for bringing wellbeing and wholesomeness to my table. Pasta is my white canvas so I can cook in Technicolor and add delicious flavors and textures as I did today. I hope you like my recipe.

Penne alla crema with roasted butternut squash and sweet potatoes
1 package of Barilla Penne Pasta, cooked al dente
Olive oil
1 cup butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into sticks 1 inch long
1 cup sweet potato, peeled and cut in sticks 1 inch long
Coarse sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
½ cup red bell pepper, seeded, deveined and julienned
½ cup red onion, julienned
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup onion, finely chop
1 garlic clove, minced
3 leaves of fresh sage
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup Clos du Bois Chardonnay
¼ cup pumpkin seeds toasted

Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a baking sheet covered with foil, arrange the butternut squash and sweet potatoes, drizzle with olive oil and combine with your hands.
3. Season with salt and pepper and bake for about 10 minutes, until tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
4. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and sauté the white onion and garlic until wilted, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook for about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat, add the cream and sage, and simmer stirring occasionally for 4 minutes, without letting it boil. Season with salt. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes.
5. In a skillet over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the onion and red bell pepper for 3 to 4 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. In a bowl mix the pasta with the sage cream.
7. Serve a bed of penne with cream, another of butternut squash and sweet potato sticks and finally the sautéed onions and red bell peppers.
8. Sprinkle with roasted pumpkin seeds and serve.

For additional recipe inspiration, click here. You can follow Barilla on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram and also find Clos du Bois on Twitter and Pinterest.

Etiquetas: , , ,