Mini Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Ginger Soy Dressing is brought to you by Kikkoman®. Thank you for supporting the brands that Savoir Faire collaborates with, so we can keep creating and sharing recipes that are fun, colorful, and delicious.
Grilled shrimp mini tacos with Ginger-Soy Dressing. I've been wanting to make a salad drenched in fresh soy sauce and ginger for a while now, but had to put that dream on hold while we moved to our new place.
It's for that reason that when Kikkoman Soy Sauce came calling and asked me to create a recipe for an appetizer with an oriental ingredient, my mind immediately went to soy sauce. I wanted to add a Latin touch, and after much brainstorming, it hit me: mini tacos topped with my homemade ginger vinaigrette.
Why "mini," you ask? Well, it's because I love the miniature versions of food, which are as adorable as they are delicious apetizers. They also work perfectly for kids who are picky about their food (like my Tomás).
My mini tacos were a success in the first place simply because my kids loved them so much.
Success with my kids aside, I've always had a personal fascination with the crunchy texture of corn tortillas and their characteristic flavor. Same thing with the fresh crunch that lettuce has. Combine these with a spicy touch of ginger that, when mixed with soy sauce, gives the dish an original touch.
The cherry on top of this rather savory cake is, of course, the shrimp, grilled to perfection with just a little bit of olive oil to help the process along and add flavor.
And they took off, as if they had wings! I'm completely serious. Now, I have enough of this delicious ginger-soy dressing for several salads.
I hope you enjoy my recipe.
Grilled Shrimp Mini Tacos with Ginger-Soy Sauce Dressing | Ingredients fir 24 mini tacos (6-8 servings)
For the ginger-soy sauce dressing
½ cup of carrots, chopped and boiled in 1/2 cup of water
2 tablespoons of fresh ginger, skinned and cut in small chunks
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of Kikkoman soy sauce
3 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
For the tacos
24 yellow corn tortillas cut into 2-inch circles (approx. 5 centimeters)
24 shrimp marinated in 2 tablespoons of olive oil
4 cups of lettuce leaves, washed, dried, and chopped
Preparing the dressing
1. Pour all ingredients into a blender, including the liquid in which the carrot was cooked.
2. Blend at high speed until a homogenous sauce is formed.
Preparing the tacos
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. Put each mini tortilla in a small glass containers and microwave for 30 seconds. Wait 20 seconds before taking them out of the containers, being careful to keep their form, and put them in the oven to toast for 5 minutes.
3. Heat a small grill (I used a sandwich-panini one) to 350˚F. Place the shrimp on the grill and cook until golden brown, or about 5 minutes.
4. Put the chopped lettuce in a cup and add abundant dressing. Mix well.
5. Assemble the tacos by putting some lettuce on each tortilla shell, followed by a single shrimp.
6. Serve with additional dressing.For more soy sauce recipes using Kikkoman, visit their Facebook page!
Please save this recipe on Pinterest.
Thank you for sharing this post! Follow Savoir Faire on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Youtube.