Chocolate, Strawberry Yogurt and Avocado Cupcakes

This post is sponsored by Cacique through Society CulinariaThank you for 
supporting the companies that Savoir Faire collaborates with, which 
allows me to keep creating fun, flavorful and colorful recipes. 
Chocolate, Strawberry  Yogurt and Avocado Cupcakes. Yes you’ve guessed well. This unusual combination of flavors is part of a cook off challenge. Cacique Inc is challenging 10 food bloggers nationwide, to create a recipe using 10 ingredients (provided by them) and I’m one of the challenged.


What I like the most about this challenge is that it took me out of my comfort zone. 
I was literally forced to create something yummy using Crema Mexicana, strawberry yogurt, dark chocolate, avocados, cinnamon, peppercorn, pudding, apples, almonds, all of those ingredients in just one recipe.
Besides that, my personal challenge was to have my kids enjoying my creation: otherwise half of the fun would be gone. 
So I decided to bake, the first day of summer, these delicious chocolate-strawberry yogurt cupcakes with a creamy avocado and chocolate frosting. And I must say: I passed the test.

The cupcakes are light and the frosting is dense. The tart yogurt and strawberry flavor is there, with the dark chocolate, and the spicy peppercorn and cinnamon hits reminded me of those wonderful recipes only Mexicans can create. 
Topped with slivered toasted almonds, these cupcakes are the perfect kids approved snack or dessert.
With that said, I want to thank Cacique Inc. for this new opportunity to work with products that perfectly combine fresh and natural ingredients including Grade A milk and sea salt, and that are so versatile that allow me to enhance any dish or dessert.
And last but not least: I'm thankful to Cacique for bringing to my kitchen the flavors of my Venezuelan childhood (and yes: for my Venezuelan fellow in the USA, soon I’ll be posting my conversion chart with the Cacique equivalents of the Venezuelan cheeses.) In the meantime, let's enjoy my cupcakes!

Chocolate, Strawberry and Avocado Cupcakes 

Ingredients for 12 cupcakes
1/3 cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
½ cup sugar
2 eggs
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon 
1/4 tsp freshly ground black peppercorns (black pepper)
1/3 cup dark chocolate melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Cacique Yogurt Smoothie strawberry flavored (7 oz, 207 ml)

Ingredients for the frosting

1 ripe avocado
4 Tbs chocolate pudding
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 
1/4 cup agave nectar
¼ cup slivered toasted almonds

Directions

1. Have all ingredients room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F and cover cupcake pan with paper cups.
3. In bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, peppercorns and chocolate and reserve.
4. In another bowl, with an electric beater, beat Cacique Crema Mexicana with sugar for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the eggs, one by one, and beat for a minute each.
6. Slow down the speed and add the flour and chocolate mixture. Add the Cacique yogurt smoothie and vanilla extract, and beat until everything is well incorporated.
7. Pour into the lined cupcake pan.
8. Bake for 30 minutes.
9. Let the cupcakes to completely cool down on a cooling rack.
10. In the bowl of a food processor put the avocado, chocolate pudding, powder cocoa and agave nectar and process until creamy.
11. Put a spoon of the chocolate frosting on top of the cupcakes and sprinkle with the almonds. 

Follow the conversation on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.



Thank you for sharing this post. 
You can also follow me on FacebookInstagram
PinterestTwitter and YouTube.

Etiquetas: , , , ,