Multicolor Caprese Salad (and Happy Cinco de Mayo)

Para español
Multicolor Caprese Salad. Whenever I buy buffalo milk mozzarella, I make Caprese salad, one of my favorite salads. Today’s Caprese salad is so beautiful because it's made with a mixture of multicolored tomatoes I bought just because they looked so cute in their package. When I checked them, I realized they were a produce from Mexico.
Because I believe cooking is in Technicolor, I decided to make today’s Caprese salad with multicolored Mexican tomatoes and mozzarella di bufala Garolo, brought directly from Campana in Italy (and long live globalization!) I also added fresh basil from my kitchen garden! Isn’t this cute? And perfect to celebrate this Cinco de Mayo too! I liked it so much that I even made this video that you can also watch on my YouTube channel:
Multicolored Caprese Salad | Ingredients for 2 servings
1 mozzarella di bufala
2 cups of multicolored tomatoes cut in half and depending on the size, quartered
12 basil leaves cut into thin strips
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Preparation
In a bowl, place tomatoes with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, stir and let marinate for at least half an hour.

When serving, add basil and stir. On a plate, make a bed with tomatoes and put the mozzarella in the middle, as if it were a nest.


Sprinkle mozzarella with a few drops of olive oil.

Thank you for sharing this post. You can also follow me 
on FacebookInstagramPinterestTwitter and YouTube.

Etiquetas: , ,