El hotel de los secretos (The Hotel of the Secrets)

El hotel de los secretos (The Hotel of Secrets). That’s how I called this cocktail. It’s named after El hotel de los secretos, the newest Univision TV series. Two weeks ago I had the pleasure of attending the private screening at Soho Beach House, one of my favorite places in South Beach and this is what I got.

At Soho Beach House there was the producer Roberto Gómez Fernández, the cast including Erick Elías, Daniela Romo, Diana Bracho and Jorge Posa, Univision talent, and journalists and bloggers. And we all enjoyed this super production, entirely filmed in Mexico.
And there was also El hotel de los secretos, the drink I managed to barely taste because I had to go to another event and was that evening driver. But the perflectly balanced concoction, with the oak tequila flavor,  spicy jalapeño, citrusy lemon and aromatic cilantro charmed my palate in just one sip.

So I decided to mix and shake it at home when my friend Diana Tissel came to visit. And it passed the test. Today I mixed up again, this time chez Ana Cristina Enríquez, who is Mexican and can appreciate better than me, for sure, a good tequila cocktail. And it passed the test again!

So thank Univision and El hotel de los secretos for the inspiration. It is no secret that now I can do and enjoy tequila cocktails. Cheers!
El hotel de los secretos | Ingredients for 1 drink
1 ½ oz of Tequila Cazadores Reposado
½ jalapeño cut into 4 without veins and seeds
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 ½ oz agave nectar
1 ½ oz fresh lemon juice

Preparation
In a shaker, pestle cilantro, jalapeno and agave nectar.
Add the tequila, lemon juice and plenty of crushed ice.
Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker starts to condense.
Strain into a short glass with crushed ice.

Garnish with a slice of jalapeno.

Etiquetas: , ,