Mango Agua Fresca with Tajín Recipe

First of all this post is the story of a long awaited craving! About three weeks ago, I attended a cooking demonstration with chef George Durán. I was so busy that day I couldn’t get there on time. When I finally arrived, the demonstration had just started and they were having yellow drinks, served in margarita glasses with an orange rim.

I did not open my mouth to not disturb, but then found out the drink was nothing more than an agua fresca, as Mexicans call the "watery" juices that were made in Venezuela where I grew up.

In other words: aguas frescas are the equivalent of my grandma Ligia's juicing: adding water and ice so there would be enough fruit for everyone, at a time when sodas and soft drinks were prescribed because they were not natural.

The agua fresca of this story was a mango one and the orange rim was Tajín, a seasoning that Mexicans, ever so witty, call salsa en polvo: a coarse powder made with a mixture of ground chili peppers with salt and lime.

A few days ago, the PR agency of Tajín  sent me the recipe for the agua fresca that I was craving so much.  The Tajin rim was a novelty for me but now I realize that in Mexico they sprinkle fresh fruit with this condiment and it is yummy. 

Thanks Tajín for the recipe and for the Tajín too. 

I hope you enjoy this agua fresca as much as I do.
Mango agua fresca with Tajín | Ingredients for 4-6 servings
2 cups peeled and seeded mango, diced
4 cups of water
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
Tajín for the glasses rim

Preparation
Place enough Tajín to rim the glasses, on a plate.

Rub the edges of the glasses with a lemon wedge.

In a blender, put the mango, water, lime juice and brown sugar and liquefy them.

Serve in the prepared glasses with plenty of ice and garnish with a lime wheel. 

To print the recipe, click here.

Thank you for sharing this recipe. You can also follow me on FacebookInstagram, Pinterest and Twitter.

Etiquetas: , , , ,