Gluten Free Apple and Coconut Muffins Recipe

I am not sure if it’s what they teach them at school or what. But the truth is that every time I give my oldest son (Andrés Ignacio, now he’s 13 and is taller than me) something to eat, he invariably ends up asking me if what he ate is "healthy".

So whenever I can, I bake “healthy” things like these muffins with chopped apples, shredded carrots and coconut, raisins and made with gluten free flour. They can also be made with wheat flour in which case I recommend unbleached flour.
What I like is that you can eat them at breakfast, as a snack or even for dessert (although as you may know I do prefer a crème brûlée or chocolate mousse). 
Best of all, even though it seems like a large list of ingredients, they are so super easy to make.
Happy muffin baking!

Gluten Free Apple and Coconut Muffins | Ingredients to make 16 medium muffins
2 cups of gluten free all-purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
1 ½ teaspoons of xanthan gum
½ cup of brown sugar
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon of salt
½ cup of raisins
½ cup of chopped walnuts
½ cup of shredded coconut
½ cup of shredded carrot
2 cups of chopped apples
2 eggs
½ cup of vegetable oil
1/4 cup of milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

Preparation
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin or cupcake pan with paper liners.

In a big bowl combine flour, gum, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.

Add raisins, walnuts, coconut, carrot and apples and mix well.

In another bowl, mix eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and add this mixture to the flour mixture.
Stir all the ingredients until moistened.

Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.

Cool on wire rack.

To print the recipe, click here.

Thank you for sharing this recipe. You can also follow me on FacebookInstagramPinterest and Twitter.

Etiquetas: , , , ,