In the Kitchen with Chef George Durán and a Recipe for Oven "Fried" Shrimp

There is nothing I like more than being in the kitchen. So, you can imagine how much I did enjoy this demonstration.

PAM cooking spray invited me to be part of a happy crowd lead by chef George Durán. It was at the Mariano Moreno Culinary Institute in Coral Way, 20 minutes from my house.
There, I met my blogger friends and had fun with chef George who like me was born in Venezuela and is an amazing cook.
The truth is that now that my kids are growing and I’m back to working full time, I really appreciate every time I learn how to simplify my life and cook in a trice without sacrificing flavor.
In literally no time chef George made oven “fried” shrimp and that is the recipe that I share below.
And just as he prepared Asian-style short beef ribs, he made pineapple guacamole, and a to-die-for coleslaw with cilantro and chipotle. Each of these recipes were so freaking good that I will post them one by one, anytime soon.
The best part is that all recipes were created for busy people who do not have much time to be stuck in the kitchen. Thanks to PAM for introducing me to the world of cooking sprays (especially in your coconut oil and olive oil versions). Thanks Imusa, for my nonstick comal and that wonderful microwave tortilla warmer. Following is the oven “fried” shrimp recipe. I hope you like it!
Oven Fried Shrimp | Ingredients for 4-6 portions
1 1/4 cups cornmeal or arepa flour
1 tsp. of sweet paprika
1/2 tsp. of dried oregano
1/2 tsp. of dried basil
1/2 tsp. of dried thyme
1/2 tsp. of granulated garlic
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. olive oil
PAM Coconut Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
2 lbs. of large shrimp, peeled and deveined 

Preparation
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a large rimmed baking sheet with PAM.

In a bowl, stir together the cornmeal, paprika, oregano, basil, thyme, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper.

Mix shrimp with olive oil in a bowl and coat with the cornmeal mixture, shaking off the excess. Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.

Bake until the coating is golden brown and the shrimp are opaque throughout when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 10 minutes.

To print the recipe click here.

Etiquetas: , ,