Gluten Free Aglio e Olio Pasta Recipe with Kale

Today I tried the new Barilla gluten free pasta. Lately I've felt tired, without much energy and someone told me to try eating gluten free. Bingo!
I'm not a fan of anything (but Elton John) or intend to become fanatical about anything, but today I did not eat gluten and even walked three miles at 8 pm, something I haven’t done in a long, long time.
I had oatmeal with almond milk for breakfast and my lunch was this aglio e olio wonderful pasta. 
Lately I'm having an affair with kale, so I substituted the parsley with kale leaves.
Since fresh kale is hard to chew, I chopped and sautéed it for 45 seconds on the same olive oil with garlic. 
Then, I added the cooked pasta and stirred everything.
Once the pasta was already served, I sprinkled some red pepper and Parmigiano Reggiano and I was in heaven. 
I felt so good during the day I went to buy gluten flour to continue experimenting.
For now I can say, with authority that gives me being a consummate pasta eater, that Barilla gluten free pasta, made of corn and rice flour, is a hit in texture, color and flavor. I already had tried eating pasta made from quinoa and did not like it.
Hope you like my recipe.
Gluten free aglio e olio pasta with kale | Ingredients for 4 servings
1 package of pasta (I used gluten free Barilla’s penne)
½ cup olive oil
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
6 cups kale, rinsed and dried, cut into half-inch pieces.
Red pepper flakes
Parmesan (I used Parmigiano Reggiano)

Preparation
Put the pasta to cook in boiling water according to package directions. When the pasta is al dente, strain and let it run some fresh water to stop cooking.

In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the garlic in the olive oil until it begins to brown, about 4 minutes.

Add the kale and stir. Sauté for about 45 seconds.

Remove from heat and add the pasta. Mix well.

Sprinkle some peperoncini and Parmesan cheese.

To print the recipe, click here.

Thank you for sharing this recipe. You can also follow me on FacebookInstagramPinterest and Twitter.

Etiquetas: , ,