Roasted Tricolor Bell Peppers Marinated in Olive Oil and Garlic (because cooking is in Technicolor)

On Monday I went to the American Airlines Arena, to see my Miami Heat win. Chris Bosh scored 32 points and I could see Carmelo Anthony defending the colors of the New York Knicks. As you can see, I take very seriously the fact that I'm a basketball mom.

But I’m not here to talk about the NBA, but about a veggie wrap with roasted bell peppers I had. 
I didn’t have time to replicate the wrap at home, but I will share these delicious tricolor roasted peppers instead.
This is a variation of my roasted red bell peppers

They are so good they became a staple in my kitchen. I love their sweetness.  And I also love the bright colors.

I serve them as a tapa with fresh or toasted bread, and also with a green salad with no vinaigrette. Hope you like my recipe.
Roasted Tricolor Bell Peppers Marinated in Olive Oil and Garlic | Ingredients for 2 cups
2 red bell peppers
2 orange bell peppers
2 yellow bell peppers
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced as thinly as possible
Coarse sea salt

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350˚F.

Oil previously rinsed and dried peppers (by hand or with a brush).

Place the peppers in a baking dish (or a cookie sheet covered with foil).

Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until peppers are soft and golden.

Remove from oven and let cool down completely.

With your fingers, peel off the peppers. Discard the peel, stems and seeds.

Cut the peppers into strips ¼ inch thick.

Place the peppers in a container (I grouped them by color). Evenly distribute the garlic and add salt.

Cover with olive oil.

Refrigerate covered at least for one hour before serving.

Depending on your taste, discard or leave the garlic. These peppers taste better the next day and keep well in the refrigerator for about 10 days.

To print the recipe, click here.

How do you like these roasted peppers?

Etiquetas: , ,