Super Purple Smoothie

My mom would say: something with this color, especially since it is 100% natural, must be good. The intensity of the purple color is given by the blueberries, which are packed with antioxidants and vitamin C. Besides the colorful blueberries, this smoothie has five ingredients that I love:

Bananas, which are rich in potassium and help me feel satisfied;

Raw oats, which are rich in fiber and also help me feel satisfied, preventing me from snacking between meals;

Yogurt, which is a source of calcium and it’s also good for the intestinal flora;

Chia seeds, which bring a nutty flavor, provide calcium, omega-3, as well as soluble and insoluble fiber and because they expand in the stomach, contribute to control appetite; and

Almond milk, which is the perfect substitute for milk, has no sugar and it only ads 30 calories per cup.

Lately, I have been having smoothies and milkshakes for breakfast and as a snack. I love that I can take them with me in the car, or I can have them slowly while working at home, making sure that I’m consuming all kinds of fruits and vegetables. So, stay tuned because I’ll be posting my daily "creations".

Have a great day!

Blueberries, banana, oatmeal, yogurt and chia Smoothie| Ingredients for 1 large serving
1 banana, peeled and cut into 4
½ cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
½ cup of almond milk
2 tablespoons of low-fat plain yogurt
2 tablespoons of oatmeal
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup

Preparation
Put all ingredients in a blender.
Blend until it gets a creamy consistency.
Serve immediately.

To print the recipe click here.


What is your favorite smoothie?

Etiquetas: , ,