More than a Pretty Dress. Farewell to Oscar de la Renta

                                                                                                          Photo OscardelaRenta.com
I made one of his mantras "you rest, you rust," my own. I followed his advise to women "walk like if you have three men walking behind you," as a life guideline that proof that attitude is almost everything. Resilient, Oscar de la Renta loved the life he lived, what he gave and what he received, and battled cancer for the last 8 years.

The undisputable king of the red carpets, he dressed four American First Ladies and his last design was the wedding gown all of us would dream to wear. More important, all his creations, including his fragrances, which I wore in different stages of my life, were a tribute to femininity, and ode to what it means to be a woman.

Born in Dominican Republic, he was a Latin icon, a true gentleman and his designs were an inspiration for women all over the world. He belongs to the same Olympus than Balenciaga and Valentino. R.I.P. Oscar de la Renta. You'll be deeply missed in the runways of the world but your legacy will live on.

Etiquetas: ,