Save Time and Gain Energy with This Strawberry and Oats Smoothie

When I was a little girl, my auntie Marisela used to make ​​me a banana milkshake. She used to put a banana, some milk, sugar and ice in a blender et voilà we had the best camburada (from the Spanish word cambur, which means banana). That was better than ice cream and I still treasure its texture and flavor.

I still make camburada once in while. In fact, it’s my son Tomás Eugenio’s favorite smoothie. He likes to have it in the afternoon when he comes back from school, just as I did with my auntie’s camburadas.

As I love shakes and smoothies, I combine fresh fruits with nuts, almond milk, yogurt, chia and whatever I have in my refrigerator or pantry.

The one in the picture has strawberries, raw oats and almond milk. I like it for breakfast or as a snack to take it when I'm in a hurry. I hope you like it.

Strawberry smoothie with oatmeal | Ingredients for 1 portion
1 cup of fresh strawberries, rinsed and cut in half
½ cup of almond milk
¼ cup of raw rolled oats
1 tablespoon of agave nectar
¾ of cup ice

Preparation
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until you have a creamy consistency.

To print the recipe click here.

How about the idea of ​​eating raw oat?

Etiquetas: , ,