Love is Blind (but the tummy isn’t)

I'm in trouble. I was supposed to write about brunch on Love is Blind, but my mouth waters just by thinking about the dulce de leche flan with which I ended my meal on a very high note last Sunday, and which is by far the best flan I've ever eaten in my life. Just that flan is worth the visit

And don’t blame me. Even though it’s true that I have a sweet tooth, the one to blame is the waiter who took our order: a Venezuelan guy who guided us through the menu in such a way and with such propriety that we ended up eating his favorite dishes. Of course, everything we ordered was a success
The brunch in Love is Blind is opulent, generous (too much, I would say), and is composed of an appetizer and a second course, which is invariably served with patatas bravas that deserve not just a Bravo! but a standing ovation. 
While waiting for your food you can nibble on a ciabatta bread served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. My recommendation: forget it. It’s unnecessary. Have a mimosa (on August they were on promotion for 99 cents) to prepare your tummy for what is coming
As an appetizer I tried a salad of baby spinach, avocado and strawberries, served with a little quinoa and a vinaigrette with toasted sesame seeds (which I had already eaten in Crazy about you, on Brickell Bay, the other restaurant that, with Dolores but you can call me Lolita, is part of the Passion Restaurant Group, but which, in any case, is a delight.)
I also ate the best huevos estrellados: cooked to perfection and served in a pewter pan with two slices of jamón ibérico (cured ham). And there my problem began, because just the eggs were more than enough for me.
But since the appetizers are in the menu alongside the brunch’s main courses, I had to struggle against an offer as varied as succulent that includes the classic Belgian waffles but served with chicken, bacon and maple syrup; the ubiquitous omelet, cooked in a pizza oven; an egg calzone with mozzarella and ham, also baked; a triple decker sandwich with ham, bacon and Swiss cheese made with toasted sourdough; steak with eggs, and eggs Benedict served with grilled short rib and prepared in a way that seemed caramelized.
I opted for the eggs Benedict not only on the recommendation of our waiter, but because I believe that there is nothing like hollandaise sauce to judge the quality of a kitchen. I can only say that Love is Blind passed the test and has a place not only in my heart but also in my tummy. 
I also tried the Triple Decker Hangover Wrecker, which is a terrific sandwich and a good choice for the hungry ones.

With its eclectic decor, Love is Blind has the funniest lamps in all Miami and a bar we’ll have to visit one of these nights
The floor, with old tiles finishes, and the whole atmosphere and decoration, reminded me of the old colonial casonas with courtyards and hanging ferns. Love is Blind pays tribute to Coral Gables, its Spanish heritage and its elegant and, at the same time, tropical living style.
Love is Blind
225 Altara Ave, Coral Gables, FL 33146
+1 (305) 748-6118

Etiquetas: , , , , ,