Best Breakfast Ever: Quinoa with Berries and Maple Syrup

I am in a quinoa mood lately. So, whatever excuse is a good one to make something with this super food. But this time the "excuse" is more a "reason", than an excuse. Or a trio of reasons. A trio of one of the finest maple syrup ever, sent to me by Crown Maple Syrup.

Let me be honest. I’m not a maple syrup connoisseur. I just know that since I lived in New York, where having Sunday brunch always involved pancakes and French toast with realmaple syrup, I became a fan and for the same reason I couldn't buy the fake stuff anymore. So I'm talking with the only authority conferred to me by the fact I’m a mom who serves breakfast for her family on a daily basis.
Crown Maple Syrup is not only the real stuff. I would say it is the royal stuff. The labels and the package anticipate what is inside the bottle: the purest USDA organic certified syrup, crafted at Madava Farms from pristine sap, collected from century-old sugar and red maples, grown in 800 acres in the Hudson River Valley, in Dutchess County, New York.
I like the fact that Crown is a family business and that Madava Farms were named after Maddie and Ava, the daughters of Robb and Lydia Turner who in 2010 established Crown Maple to please our palates.
I like that Crown crafts light amber, medium amber and dark amber syrups. You can buy them in Amazon and the little trio I got is the perfect present for a foodie.  
I can't wait to use them as ingredients for cocktails, vinaigrettes, short ribs, pies and so on... and of course to have them with pancakes, French toasts and oatmeal.
To start with and because I couldn't wait to give a try to the dark amber syrup, I made this quinoa with berries.
I hope you like it.
Quinoa with Berries and Maple Syrup | Ingredients for 6 portions
1 cup of quinoa
2 cups of water
1 pinch of salt
3/4 cup of sliced strawberries
1/2 cup of blueberries
1/2 cup of raspberries
Maple syrup

Preparation
Rinse the quinoa and place it in a pot with a lid and add the water.

Cook over medium to high heat until it boils.

Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the quinoa is al dente.

Serve in a bowl; add a pinch of salt and the berries.

Add maple syrup to taste.

To print the recipe click here.

What other recipes would you prepare with maple syrup?

Etiquetas: , ,