Lick your Fingers with this Quinoa Stir-Fry Chinese "Rice" Recipe

I know I'm missing the Chinese sticks. But I wasn't home. I'm moving and I made this meal at my friend Nadia's kitchen.

This is one of these recipes that I had in my mind for a while and when I got the chance to prepare it for the first time it was just perfect! 
I made it with what we had in the fridge. It was one of these nights after watching the World Cup.
Next time I'll add baby shrimp and green peas.
I made it with cooked quinoa instead of rice. I've been experimenting with quinoa lately and the results are amazing: nothing boring, but flavorful, rich and succulent…
Instead of soy sauce, I used tamari sauce: a Japanese sauce, which is also made out of soybeans but without wheat added. I like it better because is thicker, richer, and less salty than most soy sauce.
I also added some sriracha, a red-hot Asian sauce, for spiciness purposes. 
Not only I’m in hot Miami, but also I was cooking with my Mexican friend Andrés from Guadalajara, in mind. So, here you we go Andrés.
Once I settle in my new place, we'll have more fun cooking with quinoa, a real super food. Just think about this: 100 grams of quinoa have 15 grams of fiber and 16 grams of protein.  Besides, quinoa is so versatile that even my son Andrés Ignacio (12) likes it. And as a result now I'm buying it bulk at Costco.
I hope you like my recipe.
Quinoa Stir-Fry Chinese “Rice” | Ingredients for 6 servings
1 cup of quinoa
2 cup of water
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup of onion chopped (1 medium onion)
4 cloves garlic, minced
6-8 scallions chopped (both the white and green parts, reserve some of the green for garnishing)
2 celery stalks chopped
3 carrots diced
1 ½ tablespoons of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
6 tablespoons of tamari sauce
1 ½ teaspoons of sriracha sauce
2 eggs, beaten
Coarse sea salt

Preparation
In a pan with a lid over medium heat, combine the quinoa with water and bring to boil. Once boiling, cover and simmer for 12 minutes, until the quinoa is al dente. Uncover and remove from heat.

Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a nonstick skillet and sauté the onions, garlic, the white par of the scallions, celery and carrot, for about 3-4 minutes.

Add the ginger and some of the green part of the green onions and sauté until fragrant, 2 minutes.

Stir in quinoa and sauté until well covered in the vegetable mixture, about 1 minute. Add the tamari and sriracha sauces and stir.

Make a hole in the middle of the quinoa with vegetables and pour the eggs into the middle.

Cook the eggs stirring gently. Once the eggs are done, stir them with the quinoa and vegetables.

Add some salt if you consider it necessary and stir. Serve immediately and sprinkle with green onions.

To print the recipe click here.


How did you like this recipe? Ready to give it a try?

Etiquetas: , , , , ,