To Die for: Strawberry and Basil Bruschetta with Fresh Goat Cheese and Balsamic Vinegar Reduction

I knew strawberries and basil get along, when I first tasted this superb strawberry and basil mojito. That was love at first sip.
Then, I learned strawberries are a treat to eat in salads and savory dishes.
Look at these bruschetta: I marinated the strawberries with a little sugar (Splenda, to be honest), and fresh basil leaves cut into julienne.
I toasted the bread in the toaster.
But if you do these bruschetta for more than two diners, it would be more efficient to toast the bread in a preheated oven at 300° F for about 12 minutes.
Just before serving, spread some fresh goat cheese at room temperature over the toast.
Then, add the marinated strawberries and finally put a few drops of balsamic vinegar reduction, which is something I usually have in my fridge because it enhances the flavor of any salad.
I hope you like my recipe.

Strawberry and basil bruschetta with fresh goat cheese and balsamic vinegar reduction | Ingredients for 4 servings
1 ½ cups of diced strawberries
1/3 cup of fresh basil leaves, cut into julienne
1 tablespoon of sugar (I used Splenda)
8 slices of artisan bread
8 tablespoons of fresh goat cheese at room temperature
Balsamic vinegar reduction

Preparation
1. In a bowl combine the strawberries with the sugar and basil, stir and marinate at least 15 minutes.
2. Toast the bread and spread it with goat cheese.
3. Put 1-2 tablespoons of strawberries with basil on toast.
4. Sprinkle with a few drops of balsamic vinegar reduction.

To print the recipe click here.

How id you like these bruschetta?

Etiquetas: , , ,