Life is Beautiful

June has always been a month of reflection for me. I was born in June. So, this is the time of the year in which I tend to put my life in review. My sister Andreína, who’s no longer with us, was born on June 3rd. And last, but no least, two years ago, also on June 3rd, I moved to wild, chic and vibrant Miami for good. 

I was scared but full of hope. After these first two tough years, I only can say I’m proud of myself and my kids because, against all the odds, we’re building a better future for us here. Oh yeah! We’re making it and I keep counting my blessings.

Last night I went to bed thinking that there are times in which we don't appreciate the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory. I always say life is beautiful and I mean it. However, life is short, way too short, to be wasted.  

This is why I've always tried to live every second as if it's my last breath. This is why, so frequently,I get out of my comfort zone and instead take risks and chances. This is why I follow my instincts and my heart. This is why I love, kiss, dance, sing, laugh —and sometimes cry too— as if there is no tomorrow.

I'm not afraid of adventure but, in spite I'm in my 50s, routine still terrifies me. Life is an adventure and the journey is a learning process. And I’ve learned that when I have questions, the best thing to do is to ask until I get the answers. 

If I like something, there is nothing like to state it. When I dislike something, I’m learning just to say it and trust me: it’s so relieving!  When I want something, I know the best I can do is to ask for it. Not an easy task, but life is simpler, and way much better, when you do what you have to do.

During these last two years, I’ve learned that when missing somebody there is nothing like calling that person: no matter if the person is your mom, a girlfriend, your child, a date or “the one”.  

I also learned that there are not better words to be said than "I love you" to make the people I love to feel loved (of course feeding them will be always my second choice), and show them what they mean to me and how happy I'm because they’re in my life.

These days I keep saying life is beautiful until somebody proves me wrong. 

What do you think?

Etiquetas: , ,