To Die For: Zucchini Noodles with Filleted Tomatoes, Fresh Basil and Roasted Pine Nuts


I love pasta. But as far as Andrés Ignacio (11) and Tomás Eugenio (9) I'm concerned, pasta has long been the vehicle to introduce them to all sorts of flavors: from meat to cream and vegetable sauces, including a variety of pesto with herbs and all kind of nuts.
Today's recipe is by far the best of my inventions after I discovered the wonders of spaghetti squash. The best thing about this dish is that the "noodles" are made, nothing more and nothing less than: zucchini!
When my children asked me why they had "green spaghetti" on their plates, I told them the truth: for there is no such thread but zucchini spaghetti. They didn’t do any face and even better they both asked for more (in my house nobody can resist the flavor of garlic and basil.) So, bingo for this new way for my kid to eat vegetables!
The secret to making these "zucchini noodles" is to cut the zucchini into strands. To do this, I used a julienne peeler that I bought on Amazon. If you don’t have one, run and get it. My life is before and after this peeler.
I prepared the tomatoes as I do to make my pasta al filettodi pomodoro. Toasted pine nuts take this dish to the next level. More summery, healthy and uncomplicated impossible! You can serve it hot, warm or cold and it will take you only five minutes of cooking including sautéing the garlic, tomatoes and zucchini. I hope you like my recipe that I first published in Mamás Latinas.
Zucchini Noodles with Filleted Tomatoes, Basil and Pine Nuts | Ingredients for 4 servings
4 tablespoons of olive oil
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
8 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and filleted
4 zucchinis
Coarse sea salt
1 cup of fresh basil leaves
8 tablespoons of pine nuts toasted in a skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes
Grated Parmesan cheese

Preparation
In a skillet over medium heat, sauté garlic in olive oil for 1-2 minutes.

Add tomatoes and sauté for 1-2 minutes.

Add the zucchini and sauté for 1 minute, being careful not to over cook because they will release the water and lose volume .

Add salt, basil and mix.

Serve with pine nuts, garnish with basil leaves and add some Parmesan cheese.

To print the recipe click here.

How do you like this recipe?

Etiquetas: , ,