The Simpler, the Better: Baked Sweet Potatoes Wedges




I know sometimes I'm monothematic. I’m in the middle of a frenzy with grains (especially with the corn and black beans) and can’t stop eating sweet potatoes. However, in spite of my creativity, my children don't eat sweet potatoes. What they don’t know is that I have a sweet potato pie in mind and I’m sure they will devour it believing it’s pumpkin pie ha! Rightly say revenge is a dessert to be served cold…


Anyway, sweet potatoes are the perfect substitute for potatoes and when prepared as today's recipe, are the equivalent to French fries, with many, many fewer calories!

All you need is a few drops of olive oil and salt and pepper, not rocket science. Here is my recipe and hope you like it as much as me.


Baked Sweet Potatoes | Ingredients for 4 portions
3 medium sweet potatoes with their skin, well washed and dried, cut lengthwise into wedges
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Coarse sea salt

Preparation
Preheat oven to 400°F.

On a tray covered with foil, place the sweet potatoes wedges.

Sprinkle the sweet potatoes with olive oil and salt to taste.

Bake for 20 minutes and serve hot.

How do you like this recipe?

To print the recipe, click here.

Etiquetas: ,