Flavorful Black Bean Hummus with Cumin and Jalapeño


I had this recipe between the eyes. Until I set to work and, as if someone had given it me, was perfect the first time I made it. This is my free version is the classic chickpea hummus. But instead of chickpeas I made it with black beans.
When he tested it, my son Andrés Ignacio (11), told me he wanted burritos with this puree and avocado, pico de gallo and lots of cilantro.
I love to eat it with tortillas and pita bread. As my son says, it pairs very well with pico de gallo, salsa and guacamole.
For the garlic flavor not to be strong and also to make it less spicy (you know, I have kids and I'm trying to broaden the scope of the food they eat) I roasted the garlic and the jalapeño slice. I also seasoned it with cumin and fresh lime juice. I used the beans that I cooked to make my black bean soup, but the canned ones are just as good. I hope you like my recipe.
Black Bean Hummus with Cumin and Jalapeño | Ingredients for 1 cup
1 cup black beans, drained
3 cloves of garlic roasted in a pan with a few drops of olive oil
¼ jalapeño pepper with no veins and seeds, roasted in a pan with a few drops of olive oil
¼ teaspoon of ground cumin
3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
4 tablespoons of olive oil
Coarse sea salt

Preparation
Put all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.

Process until creamy.

To print the recipe click here.

How do you like this recipe? Are you ready to try my new experiment?

Etiquetas: , , , ,