Breaded Zucchini with Oregano and Thyme (for the Italian guy in my tummy)

I love zucchini: raw in carpaccio and salads, in soups and more soups, stuffed, grilled, in fritattas, in my chocolate cake, baked with tomato and onion... you name it and I like it. The only thing missing is mojito... so, do not tempt me...

Look at this delicacy that I first published in Mamás Latinas.
They are breaded zucchini slices.
I have not finished cooking them when they disappear from the plate.
They are delicious as an appetizer...
… and as a side dish too…
I think one of these days I will serve them with some mozzarella and tomato sauce (for the Italian guy living in my tummy!)
Buon apetitto!

Breaded Zucchini with Oregano and Thyme | Ingredients for 4 portions
4 zucchini cut into half-inch slices
1 cup of bread crumbs
1 teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of dried oregano leaves
½ teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
2 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup of milk
olive oil

Preparation
In a bowl mix the breadcrumbs with salt, peppers and herbs.

In another bowl, mix the eggs with the milk and beat with a fork.

Dip the zucchini in the egg and milk mixture.

Put some breadcrumbs on a plate and bread the wet zucchini.

In a skillet over medium heat with a little olive oil, cook the zucchini for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown and set them to drain on paper towels.

Serve hot.

To print the recipe click here.


Etiquetas: , , , ,