So Refreshing Cucumber Mojito


I was craving this mojito since last summer. I had it for the first time at Harvest Delights, my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant in town. That was love at first sip: perfectly balanced and so refreshing!
So, now that I’m back to normal and whatever excuse is a good one to toast because life is beautiful, I made it to honor my dear friends Eulimar and Maye…
And by the way, I think this mojito will make the perfect drink for this coming Super Sunday.
P.S.: You can make it virgin and it’s a perfect low calorie cooler! Did I say calorie? OMG, yes: I’m trying to eat less and exercise more… so even if I don’t count calories I’m taking extra care of whatever I eat. Cheers!
Cucumber mojito
½ cucumber pealed and diced
¾ oz of fresh lemon juice
2 bar spoons of sugar (I used Splenda)
4 spearmint leaves
2 oz of Ron de Venezuela Santa Teresa Claro
4 slices of cucumber
Club soda

In a shaker, muddle the diced cucumber with the spearmint and sugar. Add the rum and lemon juice, and fill with ice. Shake well and strain into a highball glass filled with crushed ice and cucumber slices. Top off with club soda and garnish with a cucumber slice and a sprig of mint.

To print the recipe click here.

Etiquetas: , , , ,