Cooking in Technicolor 4: Black Bean and Avocado Salad with Cilantro


If you ask me how I feel these days, now that the holidays are gone, with my boys back to school, and progressively reassuming my life and work, I would say: simply happy…

But since it’s more about what you do than about what you say, I’m going to share this salad, lately one of my favorites, not only because of the amazing combination of flavors, but also because of the contrast in textures and, last but not last: because it’s in Technicolor!
I served it in layers because it’s fun and somehow I want to do fun things. It doesn’t matter if you pour all the ingredients in a bowl and stir them. The result will be the same: a nutritious, fulfilling salad.
And I forgot to tell you: life is beautiful (and fun too!)
Black Bean Salad with Avocado and Cilantro | Ingredients for 4 portions
2 cups of black beans, cooked and strained
½ cup of red onion finely chopped
1 ½ cup of avocado finely diced
1 cup of tomatoes finely diced
1 cup of fresh cilantro leaves chopped

Ingredients for the vinaigrette
¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbs. of red wine vinegar
1 Tbs. of honey
Coarse sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Put all ingredients in layers in short glasses: black beans, onion, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro. In a jar with a lid combine all the vinaigrette ingredients, and shake until emulsified. Before eating, pour the salad in individual bowls, add the vinaigrette and combine.

To print the recipe click here.

Etiquetas: , ,