Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Balsamic Vinegar Reduction

I always loved Brussels sprouts.
I think I loved them mostly because they are miniature cabbages and because they look cute.
But inside me, I know I also love them because of their name. Brussels sprouts. Isn’t it cool? Did they come originally from Brussels the capital city of Belgium? And if not, why do they call them Brussels sprouts?
Questions apart, here are these roasted Brussels sprouts that I’m jazzing up with dry cranberries and my balsamic vinegar reduction. Really festive, I love the contrast in color, texture and flavor cranberries provide. I hope you like them!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Balsamic Vinegar Reduction | Ingredients for 6 portions
1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts cut in halves
3 Tbs. of olive oil
Coarse sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper
½ cup dry cranberries
Balsamic vinegar reduction

1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Arrange the Brussels sprouts in the sheet.
4. Toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and paper.
5. Roast them for 25 minutes, until tender.
6. In a bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts with the cranberries. Before serving, drizzle some balsamic vinegar reduction.

To print the recipe click here.
To pint the recipe of the balsamic vinegar reduction, click


Etiquetas: ,