1, 2, 3 Guasacaca!

Guasacaca is to Venezuelans what guacamole is to Mexicans.

Not as universal as guacamole, it’s perfect to pair with grilled meat (carne a la parrilla), the one that we eat on a wooden board served with yucca, chorizo, nata, queso de mano and arepas.
Guasacaca is served in every Venezuelan restaurant as a condiment with a wide range of food including broiled chicken, fried or boiled yucca and, of course, arepas.
Sampling this guasacaca, which I made with my cousin Adriana’s recipe, I’m automatically transported to any meat restaurant or arepera in my home country.
I hope you like it.
Guasacaca | Ingredients for 1 cup
1 cup of ripe avocado smashed with a fork
3 Tbs. of onion minced
2 Tbs. of red bell pepper, seeded, deveined, without skin and minced
2 ½ Tbs. of red wine vinegar
1 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil
Coarse sea salt

In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Salt to taste.

To print the recipe click here.

Etiquetas: , ,