The Time of our Lives (I'm back)

The Fantastic Four: Amanda, Amelia, Andrés and Tomás
It has been a couple of days since my last post. I’m alive. I survived a week in Orlando with Andrés Ignacio (10) and Tomás Eugenio (8), eating junk food, enjoying (I’m serious) Terminator, Men in Black, Spiderman, Shreck, Disaster, The Simpsons, Jurassic Park, The Mommy, Harry Potter and all the real and virtual rides at Universal Studios and Island of Adventures, and seeing Shamu and all the killer whales rocking at night and shining during the day at Sea World.

As planned, we enjoyed the González-Servat family company and I had the most wonderful girl time with my friend Gisela, her mom Odila, and her two little girls Amanda (7) and Amelia (2). Gise and I were both very happy to see our children interacting as if they were cousins.

One day, Andrés and Amanda asked me why I was Amanda’s auntie, if I’m not her mom or dad’s sister. I explained to them that friends are the family we choose and by choice Gisela is my sister and this is why both her daughters are my nieces.

I also had a wonderful time with my friend Inés who lives in Orlando. She was so cool that she shared a couple of secrets about food photo shooting and lightening techniques. For her, I cooked my ratatouille and my favorite comfort food: pasta aglio e olio. I also visited my good friend and former boss Luis, who also happens to live in Orlando. Andrés and Tomás spent the afternoon swimming while we both chated like in the old days.

I’m sorry I didn’t take pictures (but the ones with my old fashion Blackberry) because I didn’t want to carry my camera. We had the time of our lives and I’m certainly enjoying my new life in beautiful, evergreen Florida. When we came home Tomás sentenced: "It's good to be home, even if in my heart I know home is where my mom and my brother are". Isn't he sweet?

This past week at home gave me the certainty I’m bullet proof. Even better: like David Guetta’s hit: I’m titanium. We went to the beach with Gise and Odi and the girls, my children already have their uniforms for the coming school year, we all went to the dentist for our annual check ups, I caught up with my job and I’m ready to go back to “normal” regarding posting my stories here.

Life is beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend!

Etiquetas: