Where have you been all my life? (Rum Raspberry Batida)


Literally, a batida (shaken) is a smoothie. In Brazil, batidas are made of their national spirit cachaça, fruit and sweetened condensed milk, all blended with ice. Most popular batidas are made with passion fruit, coconut and lemon. 

As part of my #RumChallenge I made mine with Ron de Venezuela Santa Teresa Añejo and raspberries. When I tasted it, I couldn’t avoid thinking: where have you been all my life? This is heaven and I promise every time I “discover” a new flavor, I’ll post it.
Rum Raspberry Batida
2 oz of Ron de Venezuela Santa Teresa Añejo
2 oz of fresh raspberry pure
2 oz of sweetened condensed milk

In a blender with abundant crushed ice, blend all ingredients until you get a creamy consistency. Serve in a rock glass. Garnish with a lime wheel.

To print the recipe click here.

Etiquetas: , , , ,