Cooking in Technicolor 2: Persimmon, Pomegranate and Arugula Salad

Guess what: I found ripe persimmons and pomegranates the other day at the grocery store.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I was surprised because I associate persimmons with Thanksgiving, not only because of their bright orange color, matching the palette of the fall, but also because in California they were always ripen by Thanksgiving.
Of course I couldn't avoid the temptation and I bought them just for the pleasure of having this explosion of color in my table. I hope you like it!
Persimmon, Pomegranate and Arugula Salad | Ingredients for 2 portions
3 cups of arugula leaves
1 persimmon finely sliced
4 Tbs of pomegranate seeds
2 Tbs of vinaigrette made of 3 parts of extra virgin olive oil, 1 part of balsamic vinegar and coarse sea salt to taste

In a shallow salad dish make a bed with the arugula. Place the persimmons on top. Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds and season with the vinaigrette.
To print the recipe click here.

Etiquetas: , , ,