Firecracker: An explosion of color and flavor

I found this recipe at Liquor.com. I liked it because it was rum based, the color was so appealing, it’s poured in a Margarita glass and I also liked the name.

So, I adapted it as part of my personal #RumChallenge.  No need to say it tastes as good as it looks. It’s super refreshing and watermelon matches with rum so nicely. Salud!
Ingredients
4 watermelon chunks
1 ½ oz Ron de Venezuela Santa Teresa Añejo
1 oz Rhum Orange Liqueur
1 oz fresh lime juice
1 oz simple syrup (1 part water, 1 part sugar)
A pinch of red pepper flakes

In a mixing glass, muddle the watermelon, add the remaining ingredients and fill with crushed ice. Pour, unstrained, into a Margarita glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.
To print the recipe click here.

Etiquetas: , , , , ,