Being my own Pizzaiolo 2: Pizza with Prosciutto and Arugula

It has been one week since we moved to our new condo in the City of Doral and I’m still unpacking and trying to organize all my stuff, one step at a time. It wasn't until yesterday when we finally got internet, cable and phone at home.

During the last couple of days, while my boys were in their day summer camp, I worked at Panera Bread (not baking, but writing) to benefit from its WiFi and to rediscover my almost forgotten pleasure of having a cup of coffee (in a café) with some pastries and, after work, meet with friends or do errands.
Before picking up my campers, I reassumed my daily walks and one evening I found myself peacefully swimming.
Of course I didn’t cook that much, not only because I didn’t have time, but mostly because I didn’t have my kitchen ready.
It’s not ready yet but when I unpacked my pizza peeler I had no choice but to make homemade pizza: Margherita for the little people and my favorite pizza in the world: super thin crust, “brushed” with tomato sauce, merely sprinkled with shredded mozzarella and topped with prosciutto di Parma and arugula, previously tossed with extra virgin olive oil. I hope you like it!
Pizza with prosciutto and arugula | Ingredients for 1 medium pizza
½ pizza dough recipe
1/4 cup of tomato sauce
1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese shredded
Corn meal (for the pizza peel)
4-5 slices of prosciutto di Parma
2 cups of arugula, tossed with extra virgin olive oil

In the middle rack of the oven, preheat a pizza stone to 450°F. Sprinkle the cornmeal on a pizza peel. On a floured surface, with a roller, extend the dough and place it on the pizza peel. Evenly distribute the tomato sauce. Evenly sprinkle the mozzarella cheese. Place the pizza on the pizza stone and bake it for 10 minutes. Take the pizza from the oven. Let cool down for 3-5 minutes. Evenly distribute the prosciutto over the pizza and put the arugula and olive oil mix on top.

To print the recipe click here.
To print the pizza dough recipe, click here.
To print the basic tomato sauce recipe, click here.

Etiquetas: , ,