Pizza, like in Caracas (Being my own Pizzaiolo 1)


One of the nicest things about cooking is to be able to, literally, recreate whatever you crave (or dream), no matter where you are.

Take a look at this pizza. In the middle of my packing frenzy, I was craving “pizza like in Caracas”, with a super thin crust, light tomato sauce, sliced black olives and champignons.
But not fresh mushrooms. I was craving sliced canned mushrooms “like in Caracas.” No problem at all. Being my own pizzaiolo, I made it!
This recipe brings memories of those times in which going out for a pizza (not from Domino’s, not from Pizza Hut not from Papa John’s) and then going to the movie theater, was a big deal for a college student. Here is my recipe. I hope you like it!
Mushrooms and Black Olives Pizza | Ingredients for 1 medium pizza
½ pizza dough recipe
1/3 cup of tomato sauce
1/3 cup of canned sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup of sliced black olives
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese shredded
Corn meal (for the pizza peel)

In the middle rack of the oven, preheat a pizza stone to 450°F. Sprinkle the cornmeal on a pizza peel. On a floured surface, with a roller, extend the dough and place it on the pizza peel. Evenly distribute the tomato sauce. Evenly sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese and then the mushrooms and olives. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella. Place the pizza on the pizza stone and bake it for 10 minutes. Take the pizza from the oven and slice it.

To print the recipe click here.
To print the pizza dough recipe, click here.
To print the basic tomato sauce recipe, click here.

Etiquetas: ,