Meyer Lemon Pound Cake

Sorry that I didn't write sooner. I have been designing and planting the kitchen garden and two weeks ago, as part of my resilience plan, I started to walk and some days I walk for an hour and a half.

I’ll keep you posted about the garden, which right now is a work in progress, and my daily walk and its side effects which are amazing.
In the meantime, here is this beautiful lemon pound cake: so rich, dense and lemony.
I found the recipe in Williams- Sonoma’s website and slightly adapted it.
I love to bake this pound cake along with my lemon bread with pecans, for the pure pleasure of comparing textures, flavors and densities.
In fact, both recipes are staples in my kitchen since I moved to Southern California and I realized that we had a very prolific Meyer lemon tree in the backyard.
Besides that, who doesn’t love a good pound cake? Here is the recipe. I hope you like it!
Meyer Lemon pound cake | Ingredients for a 1-pound loaf
9 Tbs. of butter
4 oz. of cream cheese
1 ½  cups of sugar
3 eggs
1 ½  cups plus 2 Tbs. of all purpose flour
¼ Tsp. of baking powder
1 Tsp. of vanilla extract
3 Tbs. of fresh lemon juice
1 Tbs. of finely grated lemon zest

Ingredients for the lemon syrup
¼ cup of sugar
3 Tbs. of fresh lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a 1 pound loaf pan with parchment paper. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and the cream cheese, until creamy, 1 minute.  Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined. Add the vanilla extract and the lemon juice and beat.  Reduce the speed and add the flour and baking powder. Beat until blended and smooth. Add the lemon zest and fold with a silicon spatula. Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 75-80 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Transfer the bread to a cooling rack.

In the meantime, make the syrup by combining in a cup the sugar and the lemon juice. Using a pastry brush, brush the warm  cake with the glaze. Let the cake to completely cool down before serving it.
To print the recipe click here.

Etiquetas: , ,