Spiked Hot Chocolate

On Sunday we had 82°F and today it may snow in the mountains. After five years in Southern California I can almost feel when it’s going to snow up there. There is a dry crispiness in the air down here and all you want is hot chocolate.

I made this one with the Mexican chocolate brand Abuelita, sold all over the States. I had it ready by the time Tomás Eugenio (8), my chocoholic, hot cocoa killer, came from school. To give him “royal treatment”, I served it in a fancy glass cup.
Myself, I was so chilly, that that I made a spiked version by adding some rum and coffee Arakú and served it with a cinnamon stick. This is a highly recommended hot drink for cold rainy days, combining the best of Mexican chocolate and Venezuelan rum and coffee.
Spiked Hot Chocolate | Ingredients for 4 portions
4 cups of milk
6 ounces (170 gms.) of semi bitter chocolate (I used Abuelita by Nestlé)
3 ounces of Arakú (rum and coffee liquor)
4 cinnamon sticks

In a pot over medium heat dissolve the chocolate in the milk, stirring constantly. When the chocolate is totally dissolved, whisk with a whisker or milk frothier. Serve hot, add ¾ oz of the rum and coffee liquor to every cup. Stir with the cinnamon stick.

To print the recipe click here.

Etiquetas: , ,