Meyer Lemon Bread with Pecans (and double lemon dose)

Every time I bake this bread I say that I should double the recipe.

But then, the voice of moderation strikes my head, I behave and the result is the bread disappears from the kitchen counter in no time!
That only tells you that this bread (which is more like a lemon cake with pecans) is so, so good and so, so lemony!
The reason of such an intense lemon flavor is that it has grated lemon zest in the batter and also lemon syrup over the bread once it’s baked
I found the recipe in Williams Sonoma’s website a couple of years ago and trust me: it is just perfect.
I didn’t change a word. I only summarized (or simplified) the steps so you don’t get scared and run away from this blog thinking this is too complicated (because it’s not.) I hope you like it the way I do!
Lemon Bread with Pecans | Ingredients for a 1-pound loaf
8 Tbs. of butter
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 ¼ cup of all purpose flour
1 Tsp. of baking powder
½ cup of milk
1 Tbs. of finely grated lemon zest
½ cup of pecans, chopped

Ingredients for the lemon syrup
¼ cup of sugar
3 Tbs. of fresh lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 1 pound loaf pan with parchment paper. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and the sugar until blended, 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined. Reduce the speed and add the flour, baking powder and milk. Beat until blended and smooth. Add the lemon zest and pecans and stir with a silicon spatula. Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Transfer the bread to a cooling rack.

In the meantime, make the syrup by combining in a cup the sugar and the lemon juice. Gently poke the top of the bread with a fork. Stir the syrup and slowly drizzle it over the hot bread. Let the bread to completely cool down. Take the bread out of the pan and slice it.
To print the recipe click here.

Etiquetas: , , , ,