Peppermint Brownies and Merry Christmas!

When I start writing one sentence paragraphs, that only means I’m busy.

I have a full house full of noise and laughter.
I feel kind of weird having helpers in my kitchen.
But overall, I just want to show my brother, my sister in law and their little ones, how much I love them and how much I’m enjoying having them for the Holidays.
I adapted this recipe from Annie’s Eats. These are minty, super rich and decadent brownies combining an unbeatable pair: chocolate and peppermint.
I made them with my niece Valeria, who is 7, and likes to bake and was my helper.
Merry Christmas!
Peppermint Brownies | Ingredients for 36 brownies
8 oz. unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used Ghirardelli premium baking bar)
1½ cups (3 sticks) of  butter
2 ½  cups of sugar
6 eggs
2 Tsp. peppermint extract
1 Tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of sweet ground chocolate and cocoa (I used Ghirardelli)
2 bags Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses coarsely chopped, divided

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9×13-inch glass baking mold. In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter and the chocolate. In a bowl, beat the eggs and  sugar with an electric mixer on a medium speed for 1 minute. Reduce the speed, add peppermint and vanilla extracts, the flour and beat until well incorporated, 1 more minute. Add the chocolate powder and keep beating. Add the melted butter and chocolate and mix well, 1 more minute.

Put half of the chocolate batter in the prepared baking mold. Sprinkle half of the Candy Cane Kisses. Pour the rest of the chocolate batter. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean. Transfer the mold to a wire rack and sprinkle the rest of the Candy Cane Kisses. Let cool down completely  before cutting into squares.
To print the recipe click here.

Etiquetas: , , , , ,