Super Creamy Garlic Infused Mashed Potatoes

Three weeks ago my Dad and Gioyita, his wife, came to spend a couple of days with us. The day before they left, I decided that for dinner we should have and American meal, meaning, of course, meat and potatoes.

We made a fire and ate on the patio, overlooking the mountains which at sunset turn purple. We grilled bacon wrapped filet mignons and had them with green salad and mashed potatoes. For dessert we had apple pie and ended with blankets and a couple of Black Swan cocktails.
But this is not about that memorable dinner, but about the garlic infused mashed potatoes we had that night and we are going to have as one of the side dishes for our Thanksgiving meal.
After the first bite, my Dad exclaimed: “this taste like in the best restaurant ever”. I told him he was absolutely right, because I adapted Balthazar’s recipe. Of course they have all the calories, but trust me: there are no mashed potatoes better than these in the whole world.
These are my deluxe mashed potatoes for special occasions. On a regular basis, I skip the butter and it works. When I have no time to peel the potatoes, I boil and mash them with their skin and it works too.
As flavorful and creamy as they are, they are super easy to make too. I hope you like this recipe and happy Holidays!
Garlic Infused Mashed Potatoes | Ingredients for 8 portions
10 garlic cloves peeled and cut in thirds
2 cups of whipping cream
3 pounds of red skin potatoes, peeled and cut in half
12 Tbs. of butter
Coarse sea salt
Freshly finely ground white pepper

In a small saucepan put the garlic with the cream over medium heat. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce the heat. Simmer for 30 minutes. Let the mixture to completely cool down. Pour it into a blender and process it. Set aside. In a large pot, place the potatoes, cover them with water and boil them over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, until tender. While still warm, drain the potatoes and mash them with the butter and garlic infused cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To print the recipe click here.

Etiquetas: , , , , ,