Linguini with Pesto alla Trapanese (VIDEO)

Linguini with Pesto all Trapanese. Before you start reading this I want to warn you: this blog is at serious risk of becoming mono thematic.

The reason: I cannot stop thinking of basil, garlic, olive oil, tomatoes and their amazing combinations. I just made pesto alla Genovese a week ago, and today I was craving for pesto alla Trapanese.
I also have another variation of the pesto alla Genovese with eggplant. I’m just waiting for the eggplant in my kitchen garden to be ripe. So, please be patient. Summer food drives me nuts.
Pesto alla Trapanese is a pesto version from Sicilia. It is a typical dish from Trapani, in the eastern coast of this island in the Mediterranean, where Genovese ships and sailors, coming from the Middle and Far East used to stop.
In Trapani, they substitute the traditional pignoli (pine nuts) for mandorla (almonds) and add another local product: ripe tomates.
Our tomatoes began to ripen this week, while we were on vacation. Just coming back home from a two-week journey that took us from Newport Beach to La Jolla Shores, I’m making this pesto alla Trapanese, also known as Sicilian pesto.
This is another uncooked sauce, like pesto alla Genovese or arugula pesto, so good and so Sicilian that it’s recognized as Prodotti Agroalimentari Tradizionali Siciliani by the Italian Ministry of Agriculture. Isn’t that cool? 
I hope you like my recipe and this video where I show you how easy is to make this delicious pesto alla Trapanese. Thank you for subscribing to my Youtube channel.
Linguini with Pesto alla Trapanese | Ingredients for 6 portions
1 package of linguini
2 cups of basil leaves
3 garlic cloves pressed with the blade of a knife
½ cup of sliced almonds
2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Coarse sea salt (optional)

Preparation
Put the water for the pasta to boil. 
In a food processor, process the basil, almonds, garlic, tomatoes and cheese. While processing, add the olive oil and process until everything is combined, but kind of chunky.
You may need to add some more olive oil and salt. 
In the meantime, cook the pasta and once it’s al dente, strain it, and let some fresh water run on top to stop cooking. Strain again. 
In a big bowl mix the pesto with the pasta. If the pasta looks dry, add some of the pasta water. Serve with extra cheese.

Thank you for sharing this post! Follow Savoir Faire on Facebook
InstagramPinterestTwitter and Youtube.

Etiquetas: , , , , , , ,