Creamy Linguini with Leeks and Green Onions

I got this recipe, like many others in my recipe book, from my Mom. Always ready to experiment, one day she came with this pasta that is as flavorful as it’s easy to make. From that very day, it became a staple in my kitchen.
I love it because I love pasta and I love leeks and green onions. To bring all their flavor, leeks and onions are sautéed in melted butter. To transform them into a great sauce, you just need to add cream, salt and pepper.
My mom’s recipe calls for green peppercorns, but I haven’t seen them since I moved to Southern California (honestly, I haven’t searched for them.) So, I have been using freshly ground black pepper, and it works.
I like this sauce either with linguini or fettuccini and better if they are made in Italy. Here is my recipe. I hope you like it!
Linguini with Leeks, Green Onions and Cream | Ingredients for 6 portions
1 package of linguine
3 Tbs. of unsalted butter
6 leeks finely sliced (the white and part of the tender green part)
12 green onions finely sliced (the white and part of the tender green part)
2 cups of light cream
Coarse sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Grated parmesan cheese (I used Grana Padano)

Put the water for the pasta to boil. Melt the butter in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add the leeks and green onions and sauté for 5 minutes, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 more minutes. In the meantime, put the pasta to cook. Add the cream to the leeks and green onion mixture and salt and pepper to taste. Once the pasta is al dente strain it and put it in the saucepan. Serve with grated cheese.
To print the recipe click here.

Etiquetas: , ,