1, 2, 3 Lavender Syrup!

When I published my recipe for vanilla syrup, Orquídea, one of Savoir Faire most consistent followers, suggested that I should list other syrups, made in a similar way and used for the same purpose (sweeten and flavor dishes and cocktails).
We talked about syrups and fruit coulis and she asked if I had a recipe for lavender syrup. I was surprised by the question because she has the memory of an elephant, is an avid reader and very detail oriented and could not recall my first post on Savoir Faire with a blueberry and lavender mojito, including the recipe in question.
Not idle, she said that as it had been published, the recipe was not very noticeable. So, I decided to please who constantly feeds me ideas and took the recipe from my first post, and made it the subject of today´s post.
The color doesn't do honor to the taste and aroma of the scented syrup ... evoking the lavender fields of Provence, southern France ...

Lavender Syrup | Ingredients for 2 cups
½ cup dried organic lavender
1 cup superfine sugar
1 cup water

In a small saucepan bring all ingredients to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool, strain and store in a sterilized bottle in the refrigerator.

To print the recipe click here.

Etiquetas: , ,